Our Preschool Program welcomes students ages 3 and 4 and allows your child to:
• Learn French
• Socialize with others their age
• Become familiar with the fundamentals of reading, writing, and numeracy
The Lycée utilizes a unique learning combination of song, games, painting, sculpture and dedicated classroom work to develop core learning fundamentals.
Preschool class sizes are limited to 16 students to ensure adequate one-on-one time between student and teacher.
Each class is taught by a certified teacher and assistant. All teachers are accredited by the French Ministry of Education and have specialized in early childhood development.
The Preschool Program is entirely delivered in French as this is the best time to develop language and processing skills.
The Preschool Program runs from September to June, Monday to Friday from 8:45 am to 3:45 pm, with a half-day on Wednesday from 8:45 to 11:45 am (complimentary childcare service is offered from 11:45 am to 3:45 pm on Wednesdays).
The Before and After School Program, Hot Lunch Program and Break Week day camps are available to all students enrolled in the Preschool Program. More information about these programs can be found under Student Life.
All students are assigned a “Progress Booklet” in which teachers will track skill development and highlight key-abilities such as “I can say my name in front of a group” or “I recognize and say the first letter of my name”.
The emphasis of this Progress Booklet is on validating and documenting successes as well as tracking skill progression. Parents are able to review this booklet at any time to see active skill developments.
The Progress Booklet:
• Facilitates learning since children are aware of what is expected of them and are able to see their past milestones
• Allows teachers to personalize learning activities to best suit the needs of a child
• Positions parents to help their child develop key skills at home thanks to clear learning objectives