Rejoignez l’équipe du Lycée !
Les employés du Lycée Louis Pasteur ne font pas seulement partie d’une école, ils font partie de ceux qui inspirent nos élèves pour être au meilleur de leur capacités physiques, intellectuelles et sociales.
Substitute Elementary Teacher – French Fluency required
French Ministry of Education, Alberta Education and CAIS accredited French bilingual school, about 425 students total, is seeking several substitute elementary teachers for the school year 2020-2021.
Founded in 1966, Lycée Louis Pasteur is a non-denominational independent French international school providing a challenging and stimulating bilingual education within a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment. We are Calgary’s premier French School, the only pre K to Grade 12 school in Western Canada both accredited by the French Ministry of Education and Alberta Education. As a member of the AEFE, we are part of a network of 522 schools in 139 countries.
Reporting to the Head of school, the Elementary teacher is responsible for teaching, preparing and delivering subject matter to students at the Lycée. The Elementary teacher will liaise with primary teachers, coordinators, and administration as necessary. Teachers have a critical role in executing the mission, vision, and philosophies of Lycée Louis Pasteur.
The duties of the Elementary teacher include but are not limited to:
- Follow and discuss the educational program with administrators;
- Teach to students in accordance with Alberta Education standards;
- Follow lesson plans and instructional materials;
- Individualize instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student;
- Establish and maintain standards of student behaviors needed to achieve a functional learning environment in the classrooms;
- Evaluate students on an ongoing basis;
- Supervise students out of the classroom as required;
- Administrator standardized Alberta Education testing and Ministry of France testing if necessary;
- Attend faculty, instructional leaders and school meetings;
- Engage in collaboration with teachers and staff;
- Engage in the events of the community if necessary;
- Lead an extracurricular activity as required.
- Strong classroom management skills;
- Solid understanding and appreciation of the philosophy and unique goals of Lycée Louis Pasteur;
- Fluent in French, working proficiency in English.
- Up-to-date First Aid & CPR certificates;
- Up-to-date police Check with Vulnerable Sector Search;
- Valid Alberta Teaching Certificate;
- Bachelor of Education.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter. Please submit in PDF format preferably via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information on the Lycée Louis Pasteur please visit: www.lycee.ca
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
As an equal opportunity employer, Lycée Louis Pasteur does not discriminate in its hiring of employees on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, marital or veteran status, age, or disability. We actively seek diversity among faculty and administration as well as among students.