Bilingual Admissions Assistant
Lycée Louis Pasteur - Calgary, AB
Full-timeFounded in 1966, the Lycée Louis Pasteur is a non-denominational private French school. It is the only pre K to Grade 12 school in Western Canada both accredited by the French Ministry of Education and Alberta Education.
We are currently in search of a Full-time Bilingual Admissions Assistant.
Reporting to the Admissions Manager, the Bilingual Admissions Assistant will provide administrative support to the Admissions department and will be responsible for accurately and efficiently entering information in our databases. The successful candidate will be able to communicate both in English and in French. This is a Full-time position (37 hours per week) with 10 hours per week of reception coverage.
The duties of the Bilingual Admissions Assistant include:
- Importing and exporting data into databases, spreadsheets, and other templates;
- Verifying accuracy and completeness of data;
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual enrollment campaign package;
- Performing request for transfer for student records for new students and exit students;
- Assisting submission and review of the Alberta Education student data submission (September and March);
- Follow up with current students who have not enrolled and prospective students who have not replied to offer of acceptance;
- Answering admission related inquiries;
- Assisting in the preparation and coordination of the Lycée Open Houses (will be required to work the occasional evening and weekend);
- Ensuring the admissions information on the website is current;
- Other admission related duties as required.
Reception coverage duties are:
- Answering, screening and referring inquiries or taking messages by telephone, emails and in person;
- Welcoming guests, parents and visitors in a professional and cheerful manner;
- Inputting student absences into student software in a timely and accurate manner;
- Updating student files and information as needed;
- Receiving, sending and distributing mail;
- Administering minor first aid to students;
- Coordinating all faculty absences and arranging substitutes;
- Being responsible for the cleanliness of the front reception areas;
- Maintaining general forms kept in the reception area;
- Updating parents, students and staff with any new information they need;
- Scheduling reception coverage as needed;
- Preparing reports and tasks as requested;
- Speak, write and read in French and English;
- Fine attention to detail and prides themselves on accuracy;
- Self-starter, able to establish priorities and organize daily workload with minimal direction;
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of Maplewood student database software and PASI is preferred;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Windows programs with emphasis on MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Strong keyboarding with high accuracy;
- Ability to learn new systems;
- Proven skills in customer service delivery;
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and confidentiality in all situations.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years in a similar data entry or admissions role;
- Speak, write and read in French and English.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with the subject line – Bilingual Admissions Assistant to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 19, 2018.
- Applicants must submit a cover letter;
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted;
- Up-to-date police Check with Vulnerable Sector Search required;
- Hourly wage will be set based on experience;
Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Type: Full-time
- Data Entry or Admissions: 2 years
- French and English