Part-Time Daycare Assistant
Founded in 1966, the Lycée Louis Pasteur is a non-denominational private French school. It is the only pre K to Grade 12 school in Western Canada both accredited by the French Ministry of Education and Alberta Education.
Reporting to the Child Care Coordinator, the Daycare Assistant is responsible for assisting the Maternelle teacher with the teaching, preparing and delivering subject matter to students at the Lycée. The Daycare Assistant will liaise with Maternelle teachers, coordinators and administration as necessary. Daycare Assistants have a critical role in executing the mission, vision and philosophies of Lycée Louis Pasteur.
The duties of the Daycare Assistants include but are not limited to:.
- Assist the homeroom teacher with the preparation of teaching materials and classroom organization;
- Supervise 3 to 5 year-old students during class, before and afterschool programs, recess and class transition;
- Attend faculty, instructional leaders and school meetings.
- Attend and participates in professional development;
- Present professional development for teachers and staff;
- Serve on curriculum and standards committee;
- Engage in collaboration with teachers and staff;
- Engage in the events of the community;
- Participate in onsite or offsite French lessons as required and requested.
- Strong classroom management skill;
- Solid understanding and appreciation of the philosophy and unique goals of Lycée Louis Pasteur;
- Fluent in French and/or English.
- Up-to-date First Aid & CPR certificates;
- Up-to-date police Check with Vulnerable Sector Search;
- Valid Child Development Worker Certificate (former Level 2) and higher.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with the subject line – Part-time Daycare Assistant to candidature[@]lycee.ca.
· Applicants must submit a cover letter.
· Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Type: Part-time