Lower School Principal (NOC 0422)
Lycée Louis Pasteur
4099 Garrison Blvd. S.W.Calgary, AB
French Ministry of Education, Alberta Education and CAIS accredited French bilingual school, about 400 students total, is seeking a full-time senior level administrator to lead its Lower School beginning late August 2018.Founded in 1966, Lycée Louis Pasteur is a non-denominational independent French international school providing a challengin gand stimulating bilingual education within a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
We are Calgary’s premier French School, the only pre K to Grade 12 school in Western Canada both accredited by the French Ministry of Education and Alberta Education. As a member of the AEFE, we are part of a network of 495 schools in 137 countries.The Lower School Principal reports directly to the Head of School. S/He assists the Head of School in managing all areas regarding the Lower School: faculty hiring and development, student life and support, program changes and delivery, daily academic operations, evaluations and communication to constituents. S/He liaises with Alberta Education, the AEFE and other local authorities (CAIS, AISCA, etc.) as necessary with respect to programming and reporting for the lower levels of the school.
The Lower School Principal main responsibilities consist of monitoring and reviewing the Lower School’s educational goals, objectives, program and operations with the Lower School faculty. S/He ensures that all lower school students are appropriately supported, can progress academically and successfully grow in their emotional and social needs. S/He works in close collaboration with the Director of the English Program, the Secondary School Principal and the Head of School regarding all major academic decisions in the Lower School. S/He works with all school constituencies, including Faculty, Administration and Parents, to update the lower school program with the necessary changes and to ensure the Lower School life is an enjoyable and rewarding experience for all.The duties of the Lower School Principal include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate students’ academic progress, reporting and graduation
• Provide students with the opportunity to propose services to the school and community at large
• Oversee the development and implementation of Individualized Academic Support Plans
• Liaise with families regarding academic performance, behaviour, social and emotional issues
• Provide students and families with general counselling
• Organize, plan and coordinate the faculty’s professional development with the academic team• Assist the Head of School regarding teachers’ evaluation
• Assist the faculty with the integration, compliance and reporting of the French and Alberta curricula
• Support the teachers with all academic matters, including disciplinary matters• Facilitate communication between faculty and administration
• Work with the Head of School to provide leadership, forward-looking development and continuous improvement of the program
• Work with the academic team in the creation, implementation and continuation of a challenging curriculum that is fully compliant with Alberta Education and the French Ministry of Education (MEN)
• Assist the Head of School with the CAIS accreditation and annual reporting
• Oversee and organize official evaluations
• Work with the academic team to organize academic activities, meetings, events and assemblies
• Assist the Head of School in developing and managing timetables and teaching assignments
• Work with the academic team to develop the school academic calendar
• Assist with the annual revision of the School Handbook
• Enforce policies & procedures per the School Handbook
• Lead and manage meetings and school life (the “Vie Scolaire”) of students, faculty and parents
• Liaise with the Director of Finance & Operations and the Management Team regarding communications, special events, student services and other school issues
• Facilitate clear communication between School and families
• Inform parents of the nature and purpose of the School programs
• Promote and teach the benefits of the program to families
• Attend School Council
• Participate in the hiring process of lower school teachers
• Work with Admissions as necessary (presentations, student placement)
• Work with receptionist on organizing faculty subbing
• Perform other tasks, within reason, as requested by the Head of School.Required Qualities and Skills:We are looking for an experienced, dynamic, learning-focused leader to inspire our continued drive for the highest quality of student learning.
The successful candidate will be:
• Internationally-minded and connected, with a solid understanding of North American culture
• An educator with track record in change management geared towards continuous improvement and innovation
• A people manager, relationship builder and team player, who will take into account all stakeholders
• Flexible, creative and adaptable, as well as methodical, rigorous and resilient
• Diplomatic, culturally sensitive and committed to diversity
• Excellent command of the English and French language (native or near native written and spoken skills in both)
• French National Ministry of Education primary level diploma (Professeur d’école, “Directeur d’école” ou “CAFI-PEMF”)
• A successful track record in education, including at least 3 years of experience as a division head delivering the Lower School French National educational programs
• Experience working in a primary school in the U.S. or in Canada
• Must be computer literate including internet, e-mails, Microsoft Office, Google Docs and databases
• Permanent, full-time position
• August 20, 2018
• $120,000 annual base salary
• Participation in our group benefits program including but not limited to - medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance,and RRSP plan.
• First Aid training
• Police check (with vulnerable sector)
• Able to obtain Alberta Teaching certificate
• Friday, March 2nd, 2018.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and a statement of your educational philosophy to Frédéric Canadas, Vice-Principal and incoming Head of School. Please submit in PDF format preferably via email to email@example.com. For further information on the Lycée Louis Pasteur please visit: www.lycee.ca.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
As an equal opportunity employer, Lycée Louis Pasteur does not discriminate in its hiring of employees on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, marital or veteran status, age, or disability. We actively seek diversity among faculty and administration as well as among students.