Child Care Coordinator
Founded in 1966, the Lycée Louis Pasteur is a non-denominational private French school. It is the only pre K to Grade 12 school in Western Canada both accredited by the French Ministry of Education and Alberta Education.
Reporting to the Vice Principal, the Child Care Coordinator (CCC) is responsible for the creation and maintenance of the academic programs consistent with Alberta Human Services requirements and the school vision and mission. The CCC will liaise with Maternelle and Elementary teachers, coordinators and administration as necessary. CCC has a critical role in executing the mission, vision and philosophies of the LLP.
The duties of the CCC includes but are not limited to:
- Liaise with Alberta Human Services in respect of Licensing, Accreditation and other Child Care Claims.
- Attend Alberta Human Services meeting as applicable and report developments to the Head and/or the faculty as appropriate in order to assist the faculty in the creation of an exciting and challenging curriculum, which is in compliance with Alberta Human Services.
- Supervise the Daycare Assistants
- Responsible for scheduling of the Daycare Assistants.
- Serve as a substitute on an emergency basis
- Supervise students during class, before and after-school programs, lunch, recess and class transition.
- Create, staff and manage the camp weeks (Fall, winter, spring and summer).
- Attend faculty, instructional leaders and school meetings. Attend faculty, instructional leaders and school meetings.
- Attend and participates in professional development.
- Present professional development for teachers and staff.
- Serve on curriculum and standards committee.
- Engage in collaboration with teachers and staff.
- Engage in the events of the community.
- Participate in onsite or offsite French and/or English lessons as required and requested.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Solid understanding and appreciation of the philosophy and unique goals of Lycée Louis Pasteur.
- Fluent in French and / or English.
- Up-to-date First Aid & CPR certificates
- Up-to-date police Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Valid Child Development Supervisor Certificate (former Level 3) and higher
- Bachelor of Early Child Development or an equivalent. The CCC is evaluated on an ongoing basis by the Head of School and follows a self-directed program of professional development, which is created in consultation with the Head.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with the subject line – Child Care Coordinator to email@example.com.
- Applicants must submit a cover letter.
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Type: Full-time