Bilingual Executive Assistant
Lycée Louis Pasteur
4099 Garrison Blvd. S.W.
French Ministry of Education, Alberta Education and CAIS accredited French bilingual school, about 400 students total, is seeking a full time Executive Assistant starting August 20, 2018.
Founded in 1966, Lycée Louis Pasteur is a non-denominational independent French international school providing a challenging and stimulating bilingual education within a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment. We are Calgary’s premier French School, the only pre K to Grade 12 school in Western Canada both accredited by the French Ministry of Education and Alberta Education. As a member of the AEFE, we are part of a network of 495 schools in 137 countries.
The Executive Assistant reports directly to the Head of School. The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Head of School and other members of the senior management team. S/he has a critical role in executing the vision, mission, and philosophy of the LLP.
The duties include:
• Liaising with the French Ministry of Education – primarily through the Agence pour l’Enseignement Francais à l’Étranger (AEFE). Assist the Head of School in completing the “enquête de rentrée”, “homologation”, statistics and tables for the AEFE;
• Liaising with Alberta Education and providing support for the formatting and finalization of the Annual Operation Plan / Three-Year Educational Plan for Alberta Education. Assist in completing surveys and updating rosters as necessary;
• Liaising with Association of Independent School and Colleges in Alberta (AISCA) and Canadian Association of Independent Schools (CAIS). Assist in completing surveys and updating rosters as necessary;
•Posting job ads and arrange for recruitment advertising with newspapers/jobsites, screening applicants, sorting and filing resumes;
• Arranging for foreign staff job validation, work permits, etc.;
• Provide orientation for new staff (SIN, Alberta Health, bank accounts, etc.);
• Maintain faculty employee files in accordance with the requirements of Alberta Education and the French Ministry of Education;
• Prepare Board notices, agendas, retreats, nomination packages, voting process, and attending Board meetings to help with set-up, take minutes, etc.;
• Translate all Board and school, internal and external communications;
• Coordinate and organize meetings on behalf of the Head of School (staff, School and Class councils);
• Provide assistances during management meetings and take minutes upon request;
• Coordinate the French bursaries;
• Assist the Head of School, DFO, and others with special events;
• Provide secretarial assistances to the Head of School, including phone calls, emails, appointments and travel management;
• Provide reception coverage as needed;
• Other duties as requested by the Head of School or the Director of Finance and Operations.
Required skills and qualifications:
• French and English fluency.
• Three to five years of Executive support experience or a relevant field.
• Professional manner and appearance
• Demonstrated success in prioritizing and organizing multiple projects and tasks.
• Attention to detail and ability to maintain confidential information.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills. • Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Self-motivated, proactive, and capable of working on own initiative with limited supervision.
• Advanced computer skills with proficiency in MS Office suite and Google G Suite
The Executive Assistant is evaluated on an ongoing basis by the Head of School and follows a self-directed program of professional development, which is created in consultation with the Head of School.
• Permanent, full-time position
• August 20, 2018
• Competitive, commensurate with experience.
• Participation in our group benefits program including but not limited to - medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, and RRSP plan.
• Police check (with vulnerable sector)
• Ability to work in Canada legally Application Deadline:
• Friday, June 22nd, 2018, however if necessary the posting will remain open until filled.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Frédéric Canadas, Head of School. Please submit in PDF format via email to email@example.com. For further information on the Lycée Louis Pasteur please visit: www.lycee.ca.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
As an equal opportunity employer, Lycée Louis Pasteur does not discriminate in its hiring of employees on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, marital or veteran status, age, or disability. We actively seek diversity among faculty and administration as well as among students.