Reporting to the Office Manager, the Part-Time Afternoon Receptionist contributes to the reception team by providing support and performing duties imperative to the function of LLP.
The duties of the Receptionist may include but are not limited to:
- Answer, screen, and refer inquiries or take messages by telephone, email, and in person;
- Welcome guests, parents, and visitors professionally and cheerfully;
- Input student absences into the student databases timely and accurately;
- Update student information electronically;
- Receive, send, and distribute mail;
- Administer minor first aid to students;
- Arrange replacements for faculty absences;
- Maintain a list of substitute teachers and teaching assistants;
- Forward incoming general emails to appropriate staff members;
- Assist with arranging special events e.g. parent teacher interviews, staff meetings, board meetings, fundraising events etc.;
- Maintain a stock of general forms;
- Ensure the tidiness of the reception area and administration kitchen;
- Update parents, students, and staff with any new information they need;
- Prepare reports and complete tasks as requested;
- Other clerical support as needed.
- Speak, write, and read in French and English;
- Appear Professional;
- Motivate independently, establish priorities, and organize daily workload with minimal direction;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills augmented with good interpersonal skills;
- Multitasks efficiently, operates proficiently in a team setting with the ability to meet defined deadlines;
- Able to work calmly under pressure;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Windows programs with emphasis on MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- 15:00- 18:00 M-F
- Remuneration commensurate with experience
Please submit resume and cover letter by September 19 (midnight) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Part-Time Afternoon Receptionist. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Reference and criminal check will be completed. Thank you for your interest in this position.